Low-Carb, Gluten-Free French Toast
I always struggle to find things that I can eat-- especially for breakfast. I usually work out in the mornings so I need a great pre-workout food that's filled with protein and carbs, but also fills my sweet tooth. This is low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, and actually delicious! This is perfect and EASY for any kind of meal during the day.
3.5 tablespoons almond flour
2 teaspoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter
Optional: Sugar-free Syrup (I prefer Walden Farms Pancake Syrup), sweetner
1. Crack egg into coffee mug, mix in all ingredients EXCEPT for the butter.
2. When the batter is smooth and completely mixed, then add your tablespoon of butter right into the center. No need to mix it in or melt it first.
3. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on your microwave strength. When it's done it should still be soft and spongy. (Mine took about 50 seconds)
4. Carefully slice it in half and place aside. Spray a skillet with Pam and set on medium-high. Toast both sides for 2-3 min each.
5. Top with more butter, cinnamon, sweetener or pancake syrup.